The Edisto lions club wants you. Join the most active civic club on Edisto and be a part of an organization dedicated to the betterment of our beautiful island.
This year has been a busy and fruitful year for our club. Some of the projects undertaken by the Lions this year were:
* Built and installed bike racks at the beach accesses.
* Built benches for the beach accesses (installed by the town).
* Sponsored Bingo, a great family oriented entertainment, and the major fund raiser for the Lions during the peak summer season.
* Repaired the partially burned house on Hwy 174.
* Contributed funds to Charleston based eye institutes.
* Contributed scholarship funds to local students.
* Contributed over $1,600 to the Low Country Food Bank (raised from individual members at our annual Christmas Party.
* Numerous individual grants to Edisto Island residents in need.
Now we enter 2013 with a great deal of enthusiasm and a very large agenda of projects to aid the sight impaired and those in need on our beautiful island.
*We will be bringing expertise and equipment onto Edisto in February to test the visual and hearing acuity of students in both the schools on the island.
* Funds to aid the visual and hearing impaired in need.
* We will again be sponsoring Bingo.
* Scholarship funds for island students.
* Building and repair projects to aid needy families on Edisto
* Working with town officials to identify and aid in projects needed on the beach.
* Other needs that arise during the year.
Now, we need your help! Our club has grown greatly over the past several years, along with our projects, and we can continue these great works if you will join us. Being a Lion is a great way to meet people and to get involved in our community. We invite you to come to one of our monthly meetings on the 4th Tuesday of each month (except summer). We especially encourage people new to Edisto and, most especially we invite the Ladies of Edisto to join us (We are not a men’s club!)
Please contact any Lions Club member, or call John Kirvin, President, or John Anderson, Vice President and membership chair. We will get you introduced and involved as soon as possible.
Let’s get Started.
THE EDISTO ISLAND LIONS CLUB MEETS THE 4TH TUESDAY OF THE MONTH, EXCEPT JUNE, JULY AND AUGUST
LIONS CLUB BINGO IS HELD ON TUESDAY AND THURDAY EVENINGS DURING SUMMER MONTHS. EXACT DATES TO BE ANNOUNCED LATER.