The Edisto lions club wants you. Join the most active civic club on Edisto and be a part of an organization dedicated to the betterment of our beautiful island.
This year has been a busy and fruitful year for our club. Some of the projects undertaken by the Lions this year were:
* Both Edisto Residents and Visitors enjoy the benches and bike racks installed at each beach access. The Lions Club built these and donated them to the Town of Edisto Beach.
* Sponsored Bingo, a great family oriented entertainment, and the major fund raiser for the Lions during the peak summer season.
Second and third generation "Bingoers" and Visitors enjoy BINGO ON THE BEACH every June through August.
* Repaired the partially burned house on Hwy 174.
* The Plantation Course on Edisto had its First Annual Business Golf Tournament in 2015. The foursome representing the Lions Club WON the event!
* Lions Club volunteers work the blood drives 6 times per year.
* The Lions Club has adopted a two mile stretch of Highway 174 for litter pick up.
* Contributed funds to Charleston based eye institutes.
* Contributed scholarship funds to local students.
* Contributed over $1,100 to the Low Country Food Bank (raised from individual members at our annual Christmas Party.
* Numerous individual grants to Edisto Island residents in need.
Now we enter 2016 with a great deal of enthusiasm and a very large agenda of projects to aid the sight impaired and those in need on our beautiful island.
* Funds to aid the visual and hearing impaired in need.
* We will again be sponsoring Bingo.
* Scholarship funds for island students.
* Building and repair projects to aid needy families on Edisto
* Working with town officials to identify and aid in projects needed on the beach.
* Other needs that arise during the year.
From Left to Right; Archie Livingston, John Rogers, Bob Newton, John Kirven, & Harold Green
Now, we need your help! Our club has grown greatly over the past several years, along with our projects, and we can continue these great works if you will join us. Being a Lion is a great way to meet people and to get involved in our community. We invite you to come to one of our monthly meetings on the 4th Tuesday of each month (except summer). We especially encourage people new to Edisto and, most especially we invite the Ladies of Edisto to join us (We are not a men’s club!)
Please contact any Lions Club member, or call Bill Franklin - President, Dave Blauch - Vice President, or John Kirven - Membership Chair and Past President. We will get you introduced and involved as soon as possible.
Let’s get Started.
THE EDISTO ISLAND LIONS CLUB MEETS THE 4TH TUESDAY OF THE MONTH, EXCEPT JUNE, JULY AND AUGUST
LIONS CLUB BINGO IS HELD ON TUESDAY AND THURSDAY EVENINGS DURING THE SUMMER MONTHS. EXACT DATES TO BE ANNOUNCED LATER.
Lions Club Email Address: email@example.com