Commonly Asked Questions
These are the most commonly asked questions about Edisto. If you can’t find the answer you’re looking for on this page, contact us!
- Is Edisto Beach pet-friendly? Dogs are welcome on Edisto even on the beach. But please mind the rules. Dogs must be on a leash on the sandy beach from May 1 through October 31 and all year round in the Edisto Beach State Park. Otherwise, dogs must be within verbal command of owner, on a leash, or in a secure area within the Town of Edisto Beach limits. For everyone’s convenience, the town has installed receptacles for pet waste in higher traffic areas.
- Which beach accesses have parking? Which are handicap accessible? Check here for a list of all amenities available on each access.
- Where can I access free Wi-Fi? The Edisto Island Bookstore and the Colleton County Library both offer free WiFi.
- Can I bring my golf cart to Edisto Beach? All golf carts must be registered with the Department of Motor Vehicles and the Town of Edisto Beach. The Town of Edisto Beach provides information on how to obtain your registration decal as well as the rules of the road. Check it out before renting a golf cart, bringing your golf cart from home or using one at your rental home.
- Is there a doctor or urgent care clinic on the island? We have a mobile health service that will come to you or do a telehealth visit, SC House Calls. A number of additional urgent care facilities and hospitals are within an hour’s drive in Charleston, SC.
- Where is the nearest pharmacy? Edisto Beach Food Lion has a good selection of over-the-counter items. Additionally, there are pharmacies located in both Hollywood and Ravenel, SC which are both about 30 minutes from Edisto.
- Is there a printer I can use on the island? Both the Edisto Island Bookstore along with the Colleton County Library – Edisto Branch (which is located off of Hwy 174 at 71 Station Court) have printers available. Library card holders can borrow books, DVDs and audio books plus take advantage of free printing services and WiFi. Non-residents can purchase a library card for their stay.
- Is there a Notary Public on Edisto? 1st Federal Savings of SC , along with The Town of Edisto Beach have notaries.