Communications Coordinator – Edisto Chamber of Commerce
The Edisto Chamber of Commerce is seeking a dynamic, energetic, and charismatic Communications Coordinator with a passion for Edisto to support our membership and tourism marketing efforts. This position is part-time, requiring between 20-25 hours per week depending on workload, events, and Director scheduling. Work schedule is flexible.
- Communicate with membership and visitors in an efficient, professional, and courteous manner; methods including phone, email, social media, and in-person
- Answer any email messages in a prompt and professional manner
- Assist the Director in creating written communications, including membership emails and newsletters, tourism newsletters, write-ups on local events, etc.
- Facilitate new and existing program implementation
- Assist in event planning and execution
- Social Media Coordination – help with writing and scheduling posts, responding to messages and comments, assist with monitoring analytics
- Content Creation – help create content for blog, social media, eNewsletters, etc.
- Oversee membership materials by making sure they are organized, stocked, and distributed
- Management of marketing lead database for mail-outs and reporting
- Maintain events calendar ensuring everything is accurate and up to date
- Ability to work Chamber events (approx. 7-10) that fall outside of normal business hours
- Assist the Director with any additional requirements that may come up from time to time
- Excellent verbal and written communication, comfortable speaking with customers over the phone and via email
- Organized with attention to detail to ensure all specifications are met
- Problem-solving abilities to correct any challenges or inefficiencies
- Decisiveness and good judgment to prioritize pressing project matters when time is limited
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Not afraid to ask questions to gain a better understanding
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Outlook, Excel), Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) experience a plus
- Experience with Constant Contact (or similar) a plus
College Degree, or equivalent
Send resume and brief description of why you’re interested to: email@example.com
The Edisto Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit organization that works to enhance the quality of life and economic well-being for the Edisto area with an emphasis on tourism and responsible, environmentally conscious growth. The Edisto Chamber focuses efforts in two main areas: 1.) promoting Edisto Beach tourism through marketing, advertising, events, and information sharing, and 2.) assisting local businesses through promotion, support, and connectivity.