Join the Chamber
Every day, the Edisto Chamber of Commerce works to enhance the quality of life and economic well-being of the citizens of Edisto by working with local businesses and community leaders as a visible source of information to the public. The Chamber is also a source of support to its membership by assisting and promoting the business interests of Edisto with an emphasis on tourism and responsible, environmentally conscious growth.
Top Five Reasons to Join the Edisto Chamber of Commerce
1. Membership brings credibility to your business. You can increase positive perception among consumers and business owners when you’re identified as a member of a chamber of commerce. Our members proudly display their membership decal so that all who visit their establishments know they are a reputable business that has made an investment in the Edisto community.
2. Significant promotional value. As a member of the Edisto Chamber of Commerce, you will be listed in the website Member Directory and the annual Edisto Island Guide (distributed to Visitor Centers and business location kiosks throughout South Carolina as well as through direct mail) and highlighted in other member publications and on social media. Your Chamber will advertise your business and events at every opportunity including offering your brochures and flyers at the Chamber office. For new businesses, the Chamber will promote your grand opening and assist with any public relations efforts.
3. Networking opportunities. Members will have the opportunity to attend or host After Hours events to promote your business to other members who can help your business become known and grow. The Chamber’s most fundamental mission is to generate more business activity for the community. The chamber initiates more business-to-business commerce and more opportunities for networking and connecting local professionals than is available through most other local organizations.
4. Acquire customer referrals. Each year, your local chamber receives many calls, emails and visits from individuals and businesses looking for information, potential vendors and partners, and the chamber will only refer chamber members.
5. Discounts and reciprocal benefits. Members have access to the Edisto Chamber conference room at a reduced rate, some office services, as well as a waived fee to exhibit at the annual Fall Festival. Plus, Chamber membership is tax-deductible!